This week we catch up with fashion stylist, ele Fashion Editor and founder of Style Machine, a go-to resource for all things fashion and styling.
1.What would you be doing if you had chosen a different career?
Before I got into fashion, I studied fine art, the plan was to move to NYC and be an Artist, I love art.
2. How do you define success?
Success to me is happiness, health, love and the opportunity to follow my passions.
3. What is the most surprising thing about you?
If I told you then it wouldn’t be a surprise!
4. If your life was a movie what would it be?
Cinderella – I am the fairy god mother giving everyone new outfits to wear!
5. What is your morning routine?
Up at 5, drink a pot of coffee ( or inspiration as I like to call it ) check socials or listen to a podcast until I’m inspired. By around 6ish I’m out the door to the beach, run to Bronte, jump in the ocean, run back, brekkie then work. Rain, hail or shine. I love mornings!!
6. Do you have a nickname?
My name gets hacked up a million different ways, Shan, Shan ban, shannoodles, shananigans, shanny, shandon, at Christmas it’s shanta.. so so many names.
7. What is your favourite meal to cook?
Oh gosh, I’m wayyyyy better at fashion…I set off the fire alarm a lot. Alas – I make my own chocolate; the secret ingredient is beetroot.
8. What is your most treasured item of clothing?
My leather jacket, it goes with everything.
9. What is the last book that you read?
I am all about podcasts these days but I’ll reread anything by Tom Robbins. From Cowgirls Get the Blues to Half Asleep in Frog Pyjamas. He is a magician of a writer.
10. If you could only eat three dishes for the rest of your life what would they be?
11. Can you speak more than one language?
12. Who is the one person that always makes you laugh?
My siblings, it’s a tie breaker.
13. What is the most played song on your playlist?
Oooo that’s hard – depends on my mood. At the of moment of writing this I’m listening to Lizzo.
14. Where is one place you have always wanted to visit?
The Northern Lights.
15. What plant or flowers do you always have in your home?
I’m actually a master at an Orchid. I’m trying to grow lemons, but the birds keep getting them.
16. Your most memorable holiday?
Turkey with my sister.
17. How do you relax?
By being in nature and Acupuncture.
18. How many hours a week do you usually work?
I love what do, so do I call it work?
19. What are the three beauty items always in your beauty cabinet?
Share the Base – Foundation by Lara Worthington
Mascara – Napoleon Perdis
YSL – Red lipstick
20. Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or twitter?
21. What is the one thing we would always find in your fridge?
An eye mask
22. Your favourite board game?
Cluedo is a fave.
23. City, country, mountains or beach?
Beach haha have you seen my Instagram, but I love them all equal ☺
24. Who would play you in a movie based on your life?
I get told a lot I look like Jennifer Aniston so lets go with her!
25. What was your first job?
Hungry Jacks, I was fired. Too much talking, not enough cleaning.
26. What is your favourite app?
27. What is the most important piece of advice you have ever been given?
“You can do anything” by Si my video teacher in photography college. I believed him.
28. Rain, snow or sunshine?
29. What is your favourite room in your house?
Bathroom – showers and baths.
30. What is your go-to drink of choice?
31. Who has had the biggest impact on your life?
Oh that’s hard, I will forever be a student of life.
32. In which city do you feel most at home?
33. Who is your style icon?
I honestly don’t have just one, I am constantly looking and taking inspiration from literally everywhere. Watching trends is one of favourite things to do, I love classic styling but love personal style and how different people add a twist to a look to make it their own. Fashion is honestly such a fascination and life love I would never be able to pick just one.
34. If you could only be remembered for one thing what would it be?
Well dressed, a kind heart and pretty bloody funny. Oops that’s 3.
35. What is the one thing you want everyone to know about you?
As we are just about to launch Style Machine – (it may be live when this goes up). My heart breaks when I speak with clients and hear stories of them not feeling good enough for fashion or the other side people want to look like images they see instead of focusing on their body, which in turn ends in a waste of money and ultimately a bad situation where many people think fashion is not for them, it makes me sad because FASHION IS FOR EVERYONE.
Clothing is such a big part of our day and how we show up each day, helping people wake up every day to a wardrobe they love, that fits them perfectly, is easy to style and they look great in gives me the most happiness in my life and everything Style Machine is built around. Seeing someone look in the mirror and smile at what they see in the reflection is my greatest joy.
To follow Shannon on Instagram visit here.