This delicious recipe was created for Issue 1 of ele Magazine (on newsstands now!) by the talented Jo O’Keefe. The feature recreates classic Street Food at Home inspired by fond memories of travel and places that we love.
The pizza dough used in this recipe is our super quick and easy-to-make no rise fast pizza dough. You can caramelise the onions in advance by cooking on a gentle heat with sugar and butter until the are sweet and carmelised. We like to make up a batch in advance to have on hand and use in other recipes like our Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, Caramelised Onion and Feta Tart.
1 ball of fast pizza dough
5 -6 small chat potatoes boiled and cooled /sliced thinly or cold left-over roast potatoes
1 ball of buffalo mozzarella
1 brown onion thinly sliced and caramelised in 1 tablespoon of butter & 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
Fresh rosemary garnish (Optional)
1/4 cup Napoli or tomato sugo sauce
1. Heat that oven up as hot as she goes!
2. Roll out your fast pizza dough and pop onto an oven tray or hot pizza stone
3. Spread the tomato sauce thinly, leaving the edges free.
4. Break or slice up your mozzarella and layer it on the pizza (tip – drain it first on paper towel).
5. Arrange your potato slices over the pizza and sprinkle over those sweet caramelised onions.
6. Bake until golden brown (approx. 10 minutes) and top with fresh rosemary or chopped parsley for garnish. Enjoy!