A classic Eggs Benedict recipe is one of weekend’s little pleasures! Try this delicious version with bacon and spinach by Chef Tom Walton. Tom uses Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce and good quality English muffins to serve.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 packet of Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce
8 slices bacon or ham
200g baby spinach
1 tbsp white vinegar
4 free-range eggs
2 English muffins
Unsalted butter, to butter the muffins
1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
A few sprigs dill
- Reheat the Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce according to packet instructions and keep warm.
- Bring a medium frying pan of water to a simmer and season with a pinch of salt and white vinegar.
- Place a second frying pan over a medium/high heat and add the bacon, cooking until caramelised, but not too crispy. Remove from the pan then return the pan to the heat with a splash of olive oil.
- Add spinach to the pan with a little salt and pepper, cooking until the spinach is wilted then transfer to a paper towel lined bowl.
- Crack the eggs into 4 small bowls and gently pour into the simmering water, spaced apart. Allow to poach for 3 minutes then check for your desired doneness using a spoon to lift them up and gently press with your finger to check.
- Toast the muffins and lightly butter. Top each muffin half with 2 slices of bacon, spinach, a poached egg and a desired amount of warm Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce. Finish with chives and dill. Serve and enjoy!
*Authentic chef style Hollandaise Sauce is expertly blended with Australian egg yolk, dijon mustard and lemon juice for a deliciously creamy, indulgent finishing sauce. Spoon it over your eggs benedict to give your meal a gourmet finishing touch. Fresh chilled. Batch crafted in Australia.