This recipe for Chicken, Lemon and Olive Tray Bake recipe is from Jessie Inchauspe’s new cookbook The Glucose Goddess Method.
There are some meals that are so simple, classic and tasty, they deserve a spot on every weekly glucose-steady menu.
Ingredients (serves 2)
Prep time: 7 mins / Total cook time: 35 mins
2 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
1 lemon, cut into wedges and pips removed
100g pitted mixed olives
1 red chilli, roughly chopped (optional)
100g broccolini, tough ends trimmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Place the chicken thighs,
lemon wedges, olives and chopped red chilli (if using) in a
- Sprinkle the olive oil and some salt and pepper over
the top, then roast in the oven for 30 minutes, until the chicken
thighs are cooked through.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and add the broccolini, then return it to the oven for a further 5 minutes, by which time the broccolini should have softened and charred a little.
- Divide the chicken and broccolini between two serving plates and serve.