Sydney-sider Claudia Siron is a lifestyle writer and the Editor-in-Chief of digital women’s lifestyle magazine bubble. Her favourite hobbies include drinking high-calorie cocktails with girlfriends at Sunday brunch and binge-reading Liane Moriarty’s books.
Aside from her hobbies that are making a difference in the world (*cough*), she also plans on writing her first book this year. She also contributes here at ele. We chatted to Claudia to find out a little bit more about her life.
1. What would you be doing if you had chosen a different career?
I’d be a high-end event-planner in NYC with an ego through the roof!
2. How do you define success?
Finding actual joy in my career.
3. What is the most surprising thing about you?
I was obsessed with witchcraft from early primary school days until late high school.
4. If your life was a movie what would it be?
The Devil Wears Prada. It’s the running around like a mad chicken with clothes, food and endless phone calls for me.
5. What is your morning routine!
4am – Coffee and social media in bed
4:30am – Workout
5am – Power walk/jog in my area
6am – Admin and skin care/shower
7am – A yummy (well, most of the time) breakfast that I’ve been dying to eat since 4am!
6. Do you have a nickname?
Claud/Clauds. A guy I recently dated called me ‘Claudita’, but that’s not going to catch on I’m afraid.
7. What is your favourite meal to cook?
An autumn-themed pasta. Think: gnocchi or fettuccine beautifully tied in with butter, pumpkin, pine nuts, sage….
8. What is your most treasured item of clothing?
Easy! My baggy denim jeans.
9. What is the last book that you read?
Nine Perfect Strangers – Liane Moriarty.
10. If you could only eat three dishes for the rest of your life what would they be?
Salmon + rice, pasta, Caesar salad
11. Can you speak more than one language?
Oui, je parle Francaise.
12. Who is the one person that always makes you laugh?
My best friend Chelsea. A walking comedian that girl is.
13. What is the most played song on your playlist?
Devil Eyes – Hippie Sabotage.
14. Where is one place you have always wanted to visit?
Either Mexico or Iceland. Both are very different.
15. What plant or flowers do you always have in your home?
16. Your most memorable holiday?
My last memorable overseas trip before Covid was in 2019… A three-month trip meeting up with family, different friends and my boyfriend at the time across Eastern and Western Europe, the Greek islands, and NYC. Huge!
17. How do you relax?
A glass of wine outside with one of the following: a good book, an episode of SATC, or a close friend.
18. How many hours a week do you usually work?
30-50. Some weeks are busier than others. I swear I work 100 hours in the last weeks leading up to a magazine issue launch.
19. What are the three beauty items always in your beauty cabinet?
Moisteriser, cleanser, eye cream.
20. Instagram, facebook, pinterest or twitter?
Instagram is my go-to. I don’t really use the others…
21. What is the one thing we would always find in your fridge?
22. Your favourite board game?
23. City, country, mountains or beach?
Beach…City…I can’t choose! Probably the beach.
24. Who would play you in a movie based on your life?
2004 Lindsay Lohan.
25. What was your first job?
Gift wrapper at a home decor store.
26. What is your favourite app?
27. What is the most important piece of advice you have ever been given?
What goes around comes around.
28. Rain, snow or sunshine?
29. What is your favourite room in your house?
I know it’s not a room, but the backyard.
30. What is your go-to drink of choice?
Bubbles… but a Cosmo or a skinny margarita if I’m feeling fancy.
31. Who has had the biggest impact on your life?
Both my mum and Carrie Bradshaw… two fabulous women!
32. In which city do you feel most at home?
It’s always been a toss up between Paris and London and for very different reasons.
33. Who is your style icon?
34. If you could only be remembered for one thing what would it be?
Being fun and happy.
35. What is the one thing you want everyone to know about you?
Before journalism, I was a film student and I used to create solo animation projects and enter them into national and international film festivals… and actually won some awards! However, it wasn’t my passion in the end, and I began to figure that out during a script writing unit where I fell in love with the form of writing rather than camerawork/editing, etc.
Head over to Claudia’s website here and Instagram here.
Want more? Click here for our interview with ele HOME Editor, Katie Skinner.
Pingback: Getting To Know Shannon Meddings, Fashion Stylist, Editor and Founder of Style Machine -