We love this delicate and lightly creamy Chicken Korma Banh Mi recipe from the team at The Spice Tailor.
It is delicious with a salad, or as an appetiser for when friends come round, but it also makes the most delicious sandwiches. We have paired them with traditional Banh Mi ingredients in this “Indo-Chine” inspired summery sandwich! The succulent charred chicken, eaten with the freshly pickled vegetables and a lemony, herby mayo is the perfect bite full! This recipe is for two generous sized Banh Mis, and is the perfect mid-week lunch.
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 soft baguettes/large hot dog buns
Salt to taste
2 large chicken thigh fillets, trimmed of all extra fat
2 tbsp Korma Paste (we love The Spice Tailor Korma Paste)
2 rounded tbsp Greek yogurt
1 large garlic clove, crushed to a paste
2 tsp. lemon juice
60g mayonnaise, can be light
2 tbsp. chopped coriander
2 tbsp. chopped mint
1 tbsp. lemon juice
½ medium carrot
¼ red onion, finely sliced
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat your grill to high, or 250°C/482°F.
- Coat the chicken in the yogurt, korma paste, garlic and lemon juice and, if you have time, leave to marinate.
- Meanwhile, prep your vegetables, cutting the cucumber and carrot into long thin strips. Slice the onion thinly. Squeeze over the lemon juice, and season.
- Place the chicken onto a baking tray, and grill for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and lightly charred.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, blend the mayo with both herbs and lemon juice. Season to taste. If you don’t have a blender simply stir all mayo ingredients together.
- Once your chicken is cooked, lightly toast your bread under the grill. Slice your chicken on the diagonal. Build your Banh Mi. Spread the mayo onto one side of the bread, top with the chicken and a final layer of the pickled veg. Add another drizzle of the mayo. Add sprigs of fresh coriander and mint if you wish. Enjoy!