If you are a social media fan it is likely you have come across the ingenious trend of using citrus rinds as bowls. Mix masters Vitamix have collaborated with smoothie bowl queen, Dagmara, also known as @littlekalegirl who transforms ordinary smoothie bowls into exquisite works of art.
With millions of eager eyes glued to her delectable smoothie bowl creations on Instagram, Dagmara is back with a twist. She’s elevating her game by using the orange’s flesh as the base and the skin as the bowl in her Orange Rind Bowl recipe. The best part? This recipe only takes a few simple ingredients and a blender (Dagmara uses and her trusty Vitamix Ascent A3500i blender).
125 g of fresh raspberries
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Blend the flesh of five oranges (without skin) and 125g raspberries in a high speed blender.
- Pour the blended orange and raspberry mixture into ice moulds and freeze overnight.
- Add the frozen orange and raspberry ice cubes into a blender.
- Add 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Blend at high speed to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Store in a freezer and when ready to eat serve in orange rind halves. Enjoy!