Dubai is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city that offers a unique blend of culture, luxury, and adventure. It is a global stopover destination form travellers from across the globe and with so much to see and do, it can be challenging to narrow down the best activities and attractions to experience in just 24 hours but here at ele we do love a challenge! Here are how to spend 24 hours in Dubai, along with tips for first-time travelers.
The Best Area to Stay in Dubai
Dubai is a sprawling city, so it’s essential to choose the right area to stay in to ensure easy access to the main attractions. The most convenient area to stay in would be Downtown Dubai, which is home to the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, and the Dubai Fountain. This area offers a variety of accommodation options, including luxury hotels, apartments, and budget-friendly options.
24 Hours in Dubai
Start your day by visiting the iconic Burj Khalifa. It is the tallest building in the world, standing at 828 meters high. You can either take a tour of the observation deck, At the Top, or enjoy a delicious breakfast at the Burj Khalifa’s Armani Hotel. The view from the observation deck is breathtaking, and on a clear day, you can see for miles. Afterward, head to the Dubai Mall, which is just a short walk away, for some world-class shopping.
After lunch, head to the Dubai Miracle Garden, which is one of the city’s most beautiful attractions. The garden is home to over 45 million flowers and is open from November to May. It is a perfect place to take photos, enjoy the sunshine and immerse yourself in the stunning beauty of nature.
As the sun starts to set, head to the Dubai Fountain, which is located just outside the Dubai Mall. The fountain is the world’s largest choreographed fountain system and is a sight to behold. The water shoots up to 500 feet high, and the colored lights make for an incredible show.
Finish off your day with a visit to the Dubai Marina. Take a cruise around the marina, which is lined with stunning high-rise buildings, or simply walk around and enjoy the nightlife. The marina is home to several restaurants and cafes, and it is a perfect place to relax and unwind.
Dubai Travel Tips for First-Time Travelers:
- Dubai is a safe city, but it’s important to respect local customs and laws. Dress modestly when visiting mosques and other religious sites, and avoid public displays of affection.
- Carry cash with you as some smaller shops and taxis may not accept credit cards.
- The best time to visit Dubai is between November and March, when the weather is milder (we visited once in July and it was 110 degrees!) and more comfortable for outdoor activities.
- It’s best to avoid visiting during Ramadan, as many restaurants and attractions may be closed during the day.
- Be mindful of the heat and stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
Top Things to See and Do in Dubai:
- Burj Khalifa: The world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, is a must-see attraction in Dubai. Take an elevator to the 124th floor for panoramic views of the city.
- Dubai Mall: The Dubai Mall is the largest shopping mall in the world, with over 1,200 shops and a wide range of entertainment options, including an aquarium and an ice rink.
- Dubai Fountain: Located outside the Dubai Mall, the Dubai Fountain is the world’s largest choreographed fountain system and offers spectacular water shows every half-hour from 6 pm to 11 pm.
- Dubai Miracle Garden: The Dubai Miracle Garden is the world’s largest flower garden, with over 45 million flowers arranged in intricate designs and patterns.
- Dubai Creek: Take an abra, a traditional wooden boat, along the Dubai Creek to experience the city’s old-world charm and see the historic architecture of the city’s original trading hub.
- Dubai Museum: Housed in the oldest existing building in Dubai, the Dubai Museum offers a glimpse into the city’s history and heritage, including exhibits on pearl diving, desert life, and traditional Emirati customs.
Dubai offers a diverse range of activities and attractions to suit all interests, and with proper planning, it’s possible to experience some of the city’s highlights in just 24 hours.
Want more travel and adventure ideas? Visit here.