If you’re on the hunt for a delectable dessert that’ll warm your heart and soul, look no further than this Baked Apple Crumbles recipe by Sarah Glover – a renowned cookbook author and ambassador for Traeger Grills Australia. Sarah’s unique twist on this classic dessert involves using a BBQ grill to add a smoky flavor and an extra layer of deliciousness.
Don’t have a grill? No worries! You can easily bake the crumbles in an oven as well. Regardless of how you choose to prepare it, this dessert combines the sweet, natural flavor of apples with a crispy and buttery crumble topping to create a mouthwatering treat that’s perfect for any occasion, plus it uses the whole apple!
So grab some fresh apples, follow Sarah’s simple instructions, and prepare to indulge in a warm, comforting dessert that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Baked Apple Crumbles Recipe
Ingredients (serves 6)
6 granny smith apples
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup salted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
- Preheat your Traeger grill, with the lid closed, to 180°C (350F) or if you are using preheat to 180C (350F).
- Cut each apple in half horizontally through the middle. Using a melon baller, cut out the cores, leaving a rounded hole.
- Rub the exposed apple flesh with the lemon juice, and fill each hole with 1 tablespoon of the apple sauce. Transfer the apple halves to a snug-fitting baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, butter, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and salt, until you have a crumble mixture.
- Press the crumble on top of each apple half, then transfer to the Traeger grill or oven, close the lid and cook for 35–40 minutes, until the apple is soft and the crumble is golden brown.
Want more of Sarah’s delicious recipes? Click here.