Dr. Ginni Mansberg is a Sydney-based GP, author, and co-founder of Evidence Skincare (ESK). When not appearing on Channel Seven’s Sunrise, you can find Dr. Ginni discussing all things weird and wonderful on her podcast, ‘Things You Can’t Talk About on TV’. We ask her 35 questions and find out more!
1.What would you be doing if you had chosen a different career?
Ha ha. I have simultaneously so many careers on the hop, I’m not sure there are any left.
2. How do you define success?
In life? Not leaving anything on the table and never looking back with regrets.
3. What is the most surprising thing about you?
I’m a doctor but I’m a massive fan of champagne, red wine and cheese. My idea of a perfect day is a long lunch consuming all of the above with friends and laughing till my whole body hurts. I do about 0.02% of the exercise that I should. I’m a work in progress health wise!
4. If your life was a movie what would it be?
5. What is your morning regime?
I wake up and let the dogs out, make the first of a number of cups of tea, pop on a podcast and get going with shower, skincare, hair and makeup to be at work at 7am.
6. Do you have a nickname?
7. What is your favourite meal to cook?
I love cooking and love entertaining. I always have lots of salads and am known far and wide for my wide variety of eggplant dishes!!
8. What is your most treasured item of clothing?
I DO NOT care about clothes.
9. What is the last book that you read?
Kleptopia: How Dirty Money Is Conquering the World by Tom Burgis. Jaw dropping.
10. If you could only eat three dishes for the rest of your life what would they be?
Wait- is wine a dish? No. OK I’d go with Bowlarama from Lox Stock and Barrell in Bondi. A massive cheese platter. And a sashimi salad.
11. Can you speak more than one language?
I speak very basic Hebrew.
12. Who is the one person that always makes you laugh?
My husband, Daniel cracks me up.
13. What is the most played song on your playlist?
One More Night by Michael Kiwanuka.
14. Where is one place you have always wanted to visit?
I’ll go back to Tel Aviv any day. I’d love to see the Atacama Dessert.
15. What plant or flowers do you always have in your home?
Confession? They’re all fake.
16. Your most memorable holiday?
My 50th birthday was amazing. My sons flew in from New York and with our daughter we went hiking in Dordogne in France, then went through Scotland and ended in London. Just brilliant.
17. How do you relax?
I walk. With dogs, with friends, with Spotify, I’m easy. There’s something incredibly relaxing about walking.
18. How many hours a week do you usually work?
About 50. I hit peak crazy last year and decided to wind it back a lot this year. This lighter load is totally agreeing with me.
19. What are the three beauty items always in your beauty cabinet?
ESK Zinc Shade– the BEST broad spectrum day cream. Matt and goes under makeup beautifully. Doesn’t cause break outs. I use it all day, 365 days a year.
ESK Reverse C serum is my morning serum that does under the Zinc Shade. Vitamin C helps reverse pigmentation, wrinkles, fine lines and skin roughness and protects from UV radiation.
ESK Ultimate A – the Blockbuster retinal (Vitamin A) and niacinamide night cream to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, skin thinning and dryness.
20. Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter?
Mixture of all. I’m more of a scroller than a participant.
21. What is the one thing we would always find in your fridge?
Stacks of veggies and milk. On loop. Oh and dog food. I make my own!
22. Your favourite board game?
Our family plays cards and our go-to game is 500. I always lose.
23. City, country, mountains or beach?
ALL of the above!
24. Who would play you in a movie based on your life?
No idea but sorry to whoever they are! That’s a dud gig!
25. What was your first job?
I was a babysitter.
26. What is your favourite app?
I love Google Keep. It’s SO useful.
27. What is the most important piece of advice you have ever been given?
Put a price on yourself. Practically that means being the best version of myself every day. Doing what is ethical and kind, treating others with respect and always trying to bring good energy to every situation.
28. Rain, snow or sunshine?
29. What is your favourite room in your house?
My lounge room. It looks over my garden which is just so beautiful.
30. What is your go-to drink of choice?
I love bubbles. But hey, I can work with wine, too. I’m very open minded like that!
31. Who has had the biggest impact on your life?
My late dad. Wise, kind, ethical, generous, thoughtful, open-minded, interesting, interested, a cracking sense of humour and a beacon to all who knew him. The world was made so much better by his presence.
32. In which city do you feel most at home?
33. Who is your style icon?
My son’s partner, Brooke. She is not only beautiful (like Meghan Markle, but prettier) but she also has the most incredible taste. She always looks stunning and their apartment in New York is amazing.
34. If you could only be remembered for one thing what would it be?
I aim to be what my dad was for my brother and I and countless friends and relatives. Somebody who makes people’s lives better.
35. What is the one thing you want everyone to know about you?
I have seriously awesome kids.
Want more? Click here for A Day in the Life of Kirsten Walker, Co-Founder and Director of Palm Beach Collection.