This week we chat to Matt Goss, Founder of vegan meal delivery company, HerbiDoor and find out a little more about his life.
1. What would you be doing if you had chosen a different career?
I kind of fell into meal prep and delivery after going vegan myself. Previously I was a personal trainer and I went to the UK to work with an entrepreneur over there as his live-in trainer and chef, that’s when my passion for cooking really started to take over. When I came back home to Aus and I was working to get my PT business back up and running I put a post up in our local Facebook group to see if anyone needed help with meal prep and my customers for meal prep immediately took over my PT work. So I pivoted into doing meal prep.
2. How do you define success?
Doing something you enjoy (most days) and making a difference in the world.
3. What is the most surprising thing about you?
I’m 40 this year! Most people think I’m a lot younger.
4. If your life was a movie what would it be?
5. What is your morning regime?
I used to have a really strict morning regime that involved drinking water, meditation, Wim Hof breathing and exercise. Now I have a toddler, and another baby on the way, so my morning routine depends on how much sleep I get the night before haha! Most days I still meditate though and get up and have a big drink of water.
6. Do you have a nickname?
7. What is your favorite meal to cook?
8. What is your most treasured item of clothing?
I had this RVCA singlet and I literally wore it until it had more holes than material. My wife ended up hating it cause it was such a rag by the end but I didn’t want to give up on it.
9. What is the last book that you read?
Mindset by Dr Carol Dweck
10. If you could only eat three dishes for the rest of your life what would they be?
Lasagna, Lentil Dahl and hot curry
11. Can you speak more than one language?
Not fluently. I know little bits of languages, enough to help me get by when we could travel.
12. Who is the one person that always makes you laugh?
My son, Morrison.
13. What is the most played song on your playlist?
Running Redlights by the Avalanches.
14. Where is one place you have always wanted to visit?
15. What plant or flowers do you always have in your home?
My wife likes to have dried Australian natives and we have a few succulents and cacti because she kills everything else.
16. Your most memorable holiday?
I went to Uluru over Christmas with my family. It was the first proper trip we had done with our son.
17. How do you relax?
By playing fortnite.
18. How many hours a week do you usually work?
Too many. No one ever warns you before you start a business that you will have to do 60, 70 hour weeks to get it started. Three years in and my work life balance is just starting to get a lot better.
19. What are the three beauty items always in your beauty cabinet?
Not really beauty items but toothpaste, paw paw ointment and colloidal silver. That’s about as in depth as my beauty routine gets.
20. Instagram, facebook, pinterest or twitter?
21. What is the one thing we would always find in your fridge?
Herbidoor meals. We are always eating leftovers and bringing meals home to ensure the quality is high and consistent.
22. Your favourite board game?
23. City, country, mountains or beach?
24. Who would play you in a movie based on your life?
Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.
25. What was your first job?
I worked at a local bakery.
26. What is your favourite app?
27. What is the most important piece of advice you have ever been given?
Persistence beats resistance.
28. Rain, snow or sunshine?
Sunshine followed by snow.
29. What is your favorite room in your house?
The bedroom when my son isn’t in it.
30. What is your go-to drink of choice?
31. Who has had the biggest impact on your life?
32. In which city do you feel most at home?
I don’t feel at home in cities, I feel at home in nature.
33. Who is your style icon?
I don’t have one, but my siblings and wife all agree it should be Adam Sandler cause I dress like the ultimate dad.
34. If you could only be remembered for one thing what would it be?
35. What is the one thing you want everyone to know about you?
That I work hard and chase my dreams.
Want more? Click here for A Day in the Life of Thomas Richard, Founder of ASUVI.