Read our review on the Meta Quest Pro, one of the most impressive VR headsets on the market.
Virtual reality technology has been advancing at an impressive rate, and one of the latest devices to take the gaming and tech industry by storm is the Meta Quest Pro. Manufactured by Meta (formerly the Facebook company), the Meta Quest Pro is a top-of-the-line virtual reality headset that boasts some new impressive features. Let’s take a closer look at the Meta Quest Pro’s features, advantages, and downsides, and explore its potential for use in various business and personal settings.
The Upsides of The Meta Quest Pro
One of the standout features of the Meta Quest Pro is its high-resolution display. The headset boasts an impressive resolution of 1800 x 1920 pixels per eye, which makes for a truly immersive experience. The device also has a wide field of view, allowing users to feel like they are truly inside the virtual world they are exploring.
The Meta Quest Pro is a sleek, professional-looking device with a single wraparound band for added comfort. It has a battery life of about two hours and features forward and side-facing cameras, as well as angled speakers. The headset does not have much padding around the face, but it comes with a pair of shields to block light from the sides. The Full Light Blocker accessory provides additional comfort, and users can adjust the eyepieces to match their pupillary distance.
The Meta Quest Pro boasts a powerful Snapdragon XR2+ processor, 12GB RAM, and 256GB storage. Its display offers improved contrast and a 130% larger colour gamut than the Quest 2. The pass-through camera now delivers colour images, and the headset has additional sensors for tracking eye and face movement.
Another great feature of the Meta Quest Pro is its wireless capabilities. The device connects to a computer or gaming console wirelessly, making it easy to move around and explore virtual worlds without any cumbersome cables getting in your way. The device is also lightweight and comfortable to wear, making it perfect for extended gaming sessions.
The Downsides of the Meta Quest Pro
One area where the Meta Quest Pro falls short is its battery life. The device can only last for a few hours on a single charge, which may be a concern for some users. Additionally, the device is relatively expensive when compared to other VR headsets on the market.
The price of the Meta Quest Pro is very high compared to the Meta Quest 2, at AUD $1,729.99 and AUD $699, respectively. The Meta Quest Pro is packed full of features that the Quest 2 lacks, but these features are not essential for a fun gaming experience. This makes the Meta Quest 2 a more suitable option for gamers looking to get into the VR gaming world.
The Meta Quest Pro for Business Use
Although the Meta Quest Pro may not be the top choice for gamers looking to upgrade their current VR headset, it does have many practical applications for businesses.
- Product demonstrations: Businesses can use Meta Quest Pro to create virtual product demonstrations, allowing potential customers to explore and interact with products in a virtual environment. This can be particularly useful for businesses that sell physical products that may be difficult or expensive to transport to trade shows or other events.
- Training and education: Meta Quest Pro can also be used for employee training and education. For example, businesses can create virtual simulations to teach employees how to use new equipment or software. Virtual training can also be more cost-effective and efficient than traditional training methods.
- Virtual meetings and collaboration: Quest Pro can be used to host virtual meetings and collaborate with remote team members. This can help businesses save time and money on travel expenses while still maintaining a high level of collaboration and communication, albeit in a tech world!
- Virtual tours: Possibly one of the best applications is in the real estate or travel industries that can use Quest Pro to create virtual tours of properties, hotels, or vacation destinations. This can give potential customers a realistic and immersive experience before they make a final purchase of booking decision.
- Branding and marketing: This tech can be used as a branding and marketing tool. Businesses can create virtual environments that reflect their brand and values, allowing customers to engage with the brand in a unique and memorable way.
Overall the Meta Quest Pro is a fantastic virtual reality headset that offers a truly immersive gaming experience. While it may be pricey and have a short battery life, its high-resolution display, wireless capabilities, and comfortable design make it a great choice for tech enthusiasts and businesses looking for a new way to show their products and increase productivity. We expect this is just the stat of the VR revolution and the Quest pro is a great intro into what the future may hold.
Find the Quest Pro here: Meta Quest Pro