This is such an easy weeknight recipe that is full of good health, tastes delicious and is great for you. Chef Guy Turland and the team at Tassal have come together to create this Nori and Ginger Crusted Salmon recipe.
Salmon provides great benefits to our diets with healthy fats, protein and essential vitamins and minerals, making it the perfect dinner or lunch option. Enjoy!
Salt Nori and Ginger Crusted Salmon
300g Tassal Fresh Tassie Salmon, skin off
1 cup white rice
4 sheets nori
½ cup sesame seeds
½ tsp coriander seed
1 tbsp cumin seeds
½ tsp dried chili flakes
Rind of 1 lemon
1 tsp salt
½ cup Kecap Manis
1 tbsp ginger, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 bunch coriander
1 bunch shallots
12 green beans
1 bunch broccolini
1 thumb sized piece ginger, sliced
1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350C). Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile in a mortar & pestle or blender, combine nori, sesame seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, chili flakes, lemon rind and salt until fine.
- In a separate bowl, to make a ginger glaze, combine Kecap Manis, minced ginger and lemon juice.
- Generously coat salmon with the ginger glaze and then top with nori salt mix, patting down to form a thin, even crust. Reserve 1 tbsp to serve.
- Place coriander, shallots, green beans, broccolini and sliced ginger on a baking tray or heavy based pot, top with salmon and bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve with a side of rice, lime wedges and extra ginger glaze.