This Cake Tin Carbonara recipe is a twist on an Italian classic! It is perfect served for lunch with a crisp green salad and also works well in lunch boxes for work and school. It is very simple to make, our top tip is to make sure you butter the springform pan well and use foil to cover the cake at the start of the cook. Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 6)
Melted butter, for brushing
1 cup grated parmesan, extra for greasing
300g spaghetti (no. 5)
1 tablespoon olive oil
200g streaky bacon, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
300ml thickened cream
Chopped Italian parsley, to for garnish
- Brush a 21cm springform pan with butter. Sprinkle extra parmesan over base and sides until coated. Place pan on an oven tray. Preheat oven to 180C (350F0 fan forced.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Add garlic and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs and cream in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add pasta, parmesan and bacon mixture. Stir until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake covered with foil for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 35-40 minutes or until golden and set firmly.
- Remove from oven and stand in pan for 15 minutes. Carefully remove pan. Use a metal spatula to loosen base then transfer to a serving plate. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with parsley. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Serve with salad leaves and balsamic dressing.
- Store remaining carbonara in containers in the fridge up to 3 days. Heat covered in the microwave.