Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars?! Yes please! This recipe is from the team at Califia Farms and while we aren’t going to pretend it is all healthy, the addition of oat milk and almond butter makes it the perfect mix of naughty and nice.
1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup powdered or icing sugar
2 tbs Califia Farms Original Oat Milk
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup almond butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut cream
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Add flour to a small bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Fluff the flour with a fork and set aside to allow it to cool.
- Add melted butter, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and powdered sugar to a large bowl and whisk. Then add oat milk and continue to whisk together.
- Add flour, salt, almond butter, and chocolate chips to the mixture and fold together.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and add dough. Press down so that the dough fits the shape of the container. Place in the refrigerator.
- In another bowl, warm coconut cream in the microwave for one minute. Add chocolate chips and allow it to sit in the coconut cream for 2 minutes then begin to whisk until creamy. If some of the chocolate chips do not melt, add to the microwave for 15 seconds and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Pour chocolate coating on top of cookie dough and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve and enjoy!