Introducing a delicious Egg Drop Soup recipe, crafted with the goodness of Australian Eggs! As we transition into this time of year, where the sun’s warmth may be harder to come by, we love a dish that is not only comforting and flavorful but also packed full of Vitamin D. Australian Eggs, renowned for their quality and nutritional value, provide the perfect boost of this essential vitamin, ensuring that your body receives the nourishment it needs during this season.
The star ingredient of this soup recipe is the humble egg, which takes center stage in creating a luscious and velvety soup base. Eggs are not only versatile and easy to cook with, but they also offer a host of health benefits. Packed with essential nutrients, including proteins, vitamins, and minerals, eggs are a nutrient-dense ingredient that can support your overall well-being. With their high Vitamin D content, eggs are an excellent choice to incorporate into your diet, particularly when natural sunlight exposure may be limited.
It’s time to welcome the season with a bowl of goodness that will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished from the inside out. And if you are currently enjoying a northern hemisphere summer, don’t worry, this recipe is satisfying all year around!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 cups of reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 fresh corn cobs, kernels removed
- 1 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 tsp cornflour, mixed with 1 tbsp cold water
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Sliced shallots, to serve
- Sesame oil, to drizzle (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook ginger and garlic, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Add corn and soy sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in cornflour mixture and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until broth is slightly thickened. Slowly drizzle beaten eggs into soup while gently stirring soup in a circular motion. Once all the egg has been added, remove from heat.
- Serve soup topped with shallots and drizzled with a little sesame oil and soy. Enjoy!