Australian ironwoman Courtney Hancock has achieved alot in her 15 year career, with countless podium finishes and three Coolangatta Gold victories and two Australian IronWoman titles to her name.
Originally from Sawtell Surf Life Saving Club on NSW’s North Coast, Courtney made the Gold Coast her home after moving at age 18 with her sister Bonnie. She now competing professionally for Surfers Paradise SLSC.
We catch up with her and find out a little more about what the life of a professional ironwoman is like.
1. What would you be doing if you had chosen a different career?
I would love to have been Professional Surfer.
2. How do you define success?
Getting the best out of yourself every single day and having no limitations.
3. What is the most surprising thing about you?
I still have my Winnie the Pooh toys in my bed every night.
4. If your life was a movie what would it be?
Blue Crush and a touch of Harry Potter 😉
5. What is your morning regime?
Alarm – 4:50am, smoothie, 20min stretch, 2hrs swimming, banana, 1hr run, then my recovery begins for the day with breakfast, scoop of magnesium with water, 1 x MOTION ARMOUR 1 x b vitamin, 1 x ultra omega 1 x zinc then a 1hr nap.
6. Do you have a nickname?
Courtz, Courty, Court.
7. What is your favourite meal to cook?
8. What is your most treasured item of clothing?
My Grandmother’s handbag.
9. What is the last book that you read?
10. If you could only eat three dishes for the rest of your life what would they be?
Pizza, Fruit bowl, cheesecake with ice cream.
11. Can you speak more than one language?
A touch of Japanese.
12. Who is the one person that always makes you laugh?
My partner Nick.
13. What is the most played song on your playlist?
Dance off – Macklemore.
14. Where is one place you have always wanted to visit?
15. What plant or flowers do you always have in your home?
16. Your most memorable holiday?
17. How do you relax?
Surfing, being in nature, walking on the beach, watching a movie, time with loved ones, road trips.
18. How many hours a week do you usually work?
Around 4hrs a day of physical training.
19. What are the three Health items always in your pantry
PILLAR Performance magnesium, filtered water, lots of organic fruit & vegetables.
20. Instagram, facebook, pinterest or twitter?
Instagram – A picture says a thousand words.
21. What is the one thing we would always find in your fridge?
22. Your favourite board game?
23. City, country, mountains or beach?
Beach – all day everyday.
24. Who would play you in a movie based on your life?
25. What was your first job?
A beauty therapist.
26. What is your favourite app?
WhatsApp – So I can connect with my friends overseas.
27. What is the most important piece of advice you have ever been given?
Always be kind.
28. Rain, snow or sunshine?
29. What is your favorite room in your house?
The media room.
30. What is your go-to drink of choice?
Raw C coconut water.
31. Who has had the biggest impact on your life?
My family and partner.
32. In which city do you feel most at home?
Gold Coast & Sawtell, NSW.
33. Who is your style icon?
34. If you could only be remembered for one thing what would it be?
Being a kind and happy person.