This granola bar recipe is a breeze to make and is delicious to have on hand for those mid-morning and afternoon sweet cravings!
It is largely good for you too, and if you prefer to make it vegan you can swap the honey for agave or maple syrup and switch the chocolate chips for dried cranberries for extra sweetness.
The trick is to roast the coconut and oats to get that golden toasty taste and to make sure you allow plenty of time for the bars to set in the fridge.
100g salted roasted almonds, roughly chopped
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup shedded or dedicated coconut, plus a little extra to serve
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup dark choc chips
3/4 cup peanut or almond butter ( make sure you get a smooth variety not crunchy)
1/2 cup of honey
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F.
2. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add oats and coconut spread evenly in tray. Bake in oven for 10 minutes until browned, you will need to stir the mix at 5 minutes to ensure all of the oats get lightly toasted. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. In a large bowl mix stir honey and nut butter together until well combined.
4. Add chopped almonds, oats and coconut mix, salt and cinnamon.
5. Mix all ingredients roughly and then add the chocolate chips. Mix until the mixture forms a ball (you can use clean hands for this step to get ingredients well combined).
6. In a lined baking tray 10 x 8 inch (20 x 25cm), add mix and spread to edges until the mixture is level and spread evenly.
7. Sprinkle with extra coconut and place in fridge to set for at least one hour.
8. Remove from fridge, cut into squares and enjoy!