Try our simple Rolled Omelet recipe for a delicious and nutritious meal idea.
This recipe for a Rolled Omelet with Vegetables is a great way to start your day. It is packed with healthy vegetables and is a perfect combination of protein and nutrients that will keep you full and satisfied throughout the morning. The rolled omelet is easy to make, and you can customize it with your favorite vegetables.
It’s also a great way to use up any leftovers you might have in the fridge. Perfect for a quick breakfast or brunch, this recipe is versatile and can be served hot or cold, and is ideal for a busy morning. It’s also gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) of olive oil
- 1/2 cup (about 75g) of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (about 75g) of sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup (about 75g) of sliced mushrooms or carrots
- 1/4 cup (about 30g) of grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Parsley, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and red onions and gently sauté until the vegetables are softened, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for a further minute.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bottom of the omelet is set.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top of the omelet, if desired.
- Using a spatula, carefully lift one side of the omelette and roll it over onto itself, creating a tight roll. Cook for an additional minute to melt the cheese and set the roll.
- Carefully slide the omelette roll onto a plate. Cut into slices and serve warm.
- Enjoy your rolled omelet with vegetables, you can add some herbs or green like parsley, chives or green onion for garnish and extra flavor.
Want more? Click here a delicious Lemon, Honey and Raspberry Crepes recipe.