A fresh healthy bowl of rice and salmon with healthy greens, we love these simple and delicious salmon food bowls! If you don’t like salmon you can switch it out for either chicken or tofu using the same marinade.
This recipe will be a go-to for lunch or dinner when you need a simple and healthy dish that will suit the whole family.
2 salmon fillets
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
1/2 lime squeezed
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon hot sauce (sriracha)
1 tablespoon honey
Juice of 1/2 a fresh lime
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup green salad leaves or baby spinach
1 avocado, deseeded and sliced
1/4 cup pickled ginger
1 cup cooked green beans or raw snow peas
6 cooked baby carrots (optional)
2 green spring onions, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped almonds or toasted sesame seeds
- Mix together marinade ingredients.
- Marinate salmon for 30 minutes and then place onto a baking paper lined oven tray and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180C (350F).
- While the salmon is cooking, divide rice and salad ingredients (except for spring onions and chopped nuts) evenly amongst two bowls.
- Mix all Mayo Dressing ingredients together until a sauce forms.
- Top the rice and salad with the cooked salmon and drizzle with Mayo Dressing.
- Sprinkle on spring onions and chopped nuts. Serve and enjoy!
Want more? Click here for more delicious salmon recipes.
Pingback: The Health Benefits of Salmon -