This recipe for delicious Christmas Snowflake Cookies is one that you are going to want to make over and over again. Create your own spectacular Christmas cookies with the family this holiday season and bring a little festive spirit into the kitchen.
3 cups flour
1 cup butter, soften
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 egg white
Your choice of different sized snowflake cookie cutters
- In a small bowl, mix the flour & baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the butter & sugar. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and beat until the mixture comes together.
- Once dough has come together, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for an hour
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to ½ cm in thickness. Cut out with your cookie cutters. Transfer cookies to a baking trays lined with baking paper.
- Bake cookies in oven for 8-10 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make the icing – Whisk all ingredients into a small bowl until combined. You can change the colours to your liking by adding a little food colouring to the mixture.
- Decorate your cookies with different snowflake patters and styles and allow to set.
- Dust cookies with a little icing sugar.
*ele Tip – try using different shaped fstive cookie cutters, let your imagination go wild!