Sanja Maria, Founder of Face by SM, specialises in the art of non-surgical facial rejuvenation. With over 15 years experience, a Bachelor Degree in Nursing, as well as Diplomas in both Beauty Therapy and Special Effects Makeup Sanja brings a deep understanding of facial anatomy to her work at Face by SM. We catch up with her and find out a little more about her life.
1. What would you be doing if you had chosen a different career?
I would be criminal lawyer.
2. How do you define success?
Happiness and wealth of knowledge in all the you chose to do.
3. What is the most surprising thing about you?
I ran and completed a marathon.
4. What is your morning regime?
5am – up for an hour walk/pilates
6:30am – pack lunch and get myself ready for work and my daughter for school
7:15am – out of the door
8:30am – school drop off
9:30 – in the office.
5. Do you have a nickname?
Sanji or San.
6. What is your favorite meal to cook?
Tomato + basil + bocconcini gnocci.
7. What is the last book that you read?
Becoming Supernatural, Dr Joe Dispenza.
8. If you could only eat three dishes for the rest of your life what would they be?
Sashimi, poached eggs and chicken soup.
9. Can you speak more than one language?
10. Who is the one person that always makes you laugh?
My daughter Harlow.
11. What is the most played song on your playlist?
Very Yes – Ten Ate.
12. Where is one place you have always wanted to visit?
13. What plant or flowers do you always have in your home?
Crassula ovata aka Jade plant.
14. Your most memorable holiday?
New York Fashion Week 2014.
15. How do you relax?
Watching a documentary or movie.
16. How many hours a week do you usually work?
45 hours a week.
17. What are the three beauty items always in your beauty cabinet?
Gentle make up removing cleanser, scrub and a nice rich moisturiser.
18. Instagram, facebook, pinterest or twitter?
19. What is the one thing we would always find in your fridge?
20. Your favourite board game?
21. City, country, mountains or beach?
22. Who would play you in a movie based on your life?
23. What was your first job?
Night shelf packing at 14.
24. What is your favourite app?
25. What is the most important piece of advice you have ever been given?
Keep learning and never stop expanding your knowledge.
26. Rain, snow or sunshine?
27. What is your favorite room in your house?
My Lounge Room.
28. What is your go-to drink of choice?
Almond flat white.
29. Who has had the biggest impact on your life?
My daughter Harlow.
30. In which city do you feel most at home?
31. Who is your style icon?
32. If you could only be remembered for one thing what would it be?
For my natural and subtle injectable work.
33. What is the one thing you want everyone to know about you?
I am obsessed with my child first, followed by my career.