We love a simple recipe idea and this one is so easy! Our Gold Tomato, Ricotta and Pesto tarts are the perfect mix of golden puff pastry, creamy ricotta and goat’s curd and sweet, juicy yellow tomatoes. We love to create these tarts for a simple lunch or dinner idea, served with a fresh green salad.
You can also make these tarts in advance and serve warm or cold when you are ready to eat them.
Gold Tomato, Ricotta and Pesto Tarts
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 sheet of puff pastry
Half a punnet of gold tomatoes, finely sliced (note you can use red cherry tomatoes also)
2 heaped tbsp smooth ricotta
2 tbsp basil pesto
50 grams goat’s curd
I tablespoon of olive oil
Salt & Pepper
Small handful of fresh thyme sprigs, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F). Cut the puff pastry sheets in to 2 square pieces and gently scour a 1.5cm border around the edge of each square.
- Smooth ricotta equally amongst the the tarts and repeat with pesto.
- Layer with sliced tomatoes and crumble goat’s curd cheese on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake on a sheet of baking paper on tray in oven for approximately 15 minutes until pastry is golden and puffed.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with olive oil, scatter with thyme spring and serve. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe on YouTube here.