Buttery puff pastry, salty prosciutto and soft creamy Brie cheese twirled together to form a delicious pastry pull apart – there is so much to love about this delicious savoury pastry!
It isn’t difficult to make and is easy to adapt with any ingredient you fancy (see our similar version with blue cheese and walnuts here).
2 sheets of puff pastry
6 thin slices of prosciutto (or bacon if you prefer)
100 grams of Brie cheese, sliced
6-8 sprigs of fresh thyme leaves
1 tablespoon of milk
Sea salt and cracked pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F).
2. Layer slices of prosciutto and Brie cheese evenly over each pastry sheet.
3. Top with fresh thyme leaves and season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
4. Roll up each sheet of pastry up to a long cigar shape. Cut in half lengthways.
5. On a sheet of baking paper carefully twist each length of pastry and then make a round coil shape, starting in the middle.
6. Brush the pastry coil with milk and bake in oven for about 25 mins until pastry is puffed and golden.
7. Remove from oven, scatter extra thyme leaves and cracked pepper and serve warm. Enjoy!