Our Lemon and Mint Risotto recipe is a delicious and easy dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner or when you want to impress your guests. The combination of the zingy lemon and fresh mint makes it a perfect dish for spring and summer. You can also add sliced roast chicken or grilled asparagus if you want to add extras. If you don’t like mint, feel free to omit it and top with some fresh flat leaf parsley.
Lemon and Mint Risotto
- 1.9 litre (8 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 320g (approximately 1 1/2 cups) Arborio rice
- 120ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 60g (1/2 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 60ml (1/4 cup) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- In a large saucepan bring the chicken or vegetable stock to a simmer. Keep it simmering gently over low heat.
- In a separate large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and gently sauté until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add the rice to the saucepan and stir to coat in the oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the rice becomes translucent.
- Pour in the white wine and stir constantly until the liquid is fully absorbed.
- Begin adding the warm stock to the rice, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition of stock to be fully absorbed before adding the next. Continue cooking and stirring until the rice is creamy and al dente, about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the grated Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and zest, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves before serving.
Note: If you prefer your risotto more rich and creamy, you can stir through a tablespoon of butter prior to serving.
Want more dinner ideas? Try our 15-Minute Pantry Pasta.