Spaghetti with Slow Cooked Octopus and Gremolata recipe by Chef Martino Pulito, Executive Chef at Cucina Porto.
This recipe created by Chef Martino Pulito is classic Italian cooking at its heart with an elegant twist. Create a pasta dish that is restaurant quality and is sure to impress your guests or loved ones!
We featured this recipe in Issue 4 of ele Magazine.
Ingredients (serves 4)
40ml olive oil
5g garlic (about 3 cloves)
2 bay leaves
1 litre canned tomatoes
80g red onion
40ml white wine
50g cherry tomato
Gremolata – 10g (parsley, lemon and chill, chopped)
- Pour olive oil in to a pan and caramelise the octopus (3 mins), or until it starts to change colour (it will be a little bit red in colour).
- Add the onion, garlic, thyme and bay leaves and stir.
- Add in the wine and canned tomatoes.
- Let the sauce simmer for a minimum of 2 hours on a low heat, stirring every ten minutes. The sauce will be ready when the liquid is reduced by half.
- When the sauce is ready, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta (minus a couple of minutes, according to the packet instructions).
- Toss the pasta with the sauce.
- Add cherry tomatoes into the pan.
- Plate the pasta and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add the gremolata on top of the pasta dish and serve with optional extra chilli.