Chocolate coated Bounty bars have always been one of our favourite sweet treats, and this Homemade Bounty Bars recipe doesn’t disappoint. Using only three ingredients they are so easy to make and taste just like the real thing!
2 cups desiccated coconut
2/3 cup condensed milk
280g milk or dark chocolate (we like to use a mix of both!)
- Mix desiccated coconut and condensed milk in a large bowl until well combined.
- Once combined, take 2 tablespoons of coconut mix and shape into bar shapes about 3 inches long x 1 inch wide. ele Tip – use wet hand to shape the bars and the coconut mix will not stick to your hands as much.
- Arrange bars on a baking paper-lined tray and place in freezer for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate in a metal bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until fully melted, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove coconut bars from freezer. To coat with chocolate use two spoons to dip the bars into the chocolate until they are fully coated and place them on tray.
- Allow to sit for 1-2 hours or until chocolate is fully set. ele Tip – you can speed this up by placing bars in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!