No matter how many times we bake these deliciously decadent blondies, created for ele Magazine by the talented Emma Duckworth, we are never disappointed. They are universally loved by sweettooths and chocolate lovers and really do not take long to make – perfect to whip up on a weekday afternoon.
Ingredients Serves 16. Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooktime: 30 minutes
For the blondies:
225g plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
200g brown sugar
110g unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs, beaten
200g milk chocolate, chopped roughly
For the ganache
150g dark chocolate, chopped
120ml double cream
1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Line an 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. (Tip: leave an overhang on the sides so that it is easy to lift the Blondies out afterwards).
3. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla together until combined. Add the eggs and whisk in.
5. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and stir together. Fold in the milk chocolate chunks.The batter will be super thick. Spread evenly into a prepared baking pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Remove from the oven and let sit in the pan for ten minutes. Using the paper, lift the square of blondie out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
7. Once the blondies are cooled, prep the chocolate ganache. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the chocolate, cream and butter and heat gently until the chocolate is melted, and ganache is smooth. Pour over blondies and allow ganache to come to room temp (it will thicken and set).
8. Sprinkle sea salt flakes over the ganache. Cut blondie into 16 squares. Enjoy!