Looking for a breakfast recipe to wow dad this Sunday (or any day for that matter)! Look no further than this breakfast burrito, created by Chef Matthew Butcher, from the Taqueria at Estate Coogee in Sydney.
Packed full of chorizo, eggs, hot sauce and all of the good things, the burrito will get your day started on a high (and keep you full well past lunch!).
Ingredients (makes 4 Burritos)
6 free range eggs
1/4 bunch parsley
1/4 bunch dill
1/4 bunch chervil
Green hot sauce – El Yucateco is the best!
200g Shredded mozzarella
½ red onion
2 soft Chorizo – removed from the casing
4 10-inch flour tortillas
- Pick and wash herbs. Set aside.
- Chop up avocado, tomato and red onion finely, mix and season with salt and lime
juice. Set aside.
- In a large fry pan, sauté chorizo and set aside. Keep the oil in the pan.
- Scramble eggs in the chorizo oil until just set, set aside.
- In a clean large fry pan, light toast tortilla so that its soft.
- Lay the tortillas out and divide the scramble egg into the centre leaving 5cm of tortilla
exposed around the edges. Season the eggs with hot sauce to you liking.
- Then place the herbs on top, then chorizo, then the avocado mix and finally cheese.
- Fold the edges of the tortilla in one by one.
- In a fry pan on medium heat with olive oil, toast all sides of the rolled burrito until
- Cut and serve. Enjoy!
Head to Estate Coogee for more delicious cantina food, a formal kitchen, terrace bar, beach bar vibes and coastal sea views.