Food Photographer and stylist, Caroline De Luca from The Delightful Cook, first caught our attention with an Instagram feed full of delicious Italian inspired dishes and pasta. Among cooking, photography, styling and creating Caroline is also a regular food and recipe contributor here at ele Magazine. We thought it was time to find out a little more about her life and inspiration.
1. What would you be doing if you had chosen a different career?
Most likely an Actor.
2. How do you define success?
Being your true authentic self.
What is the most surprising thing about you?
I am actually an introvert.
4. If your life was a movie, what would it be?
Under the Tuscan Sun.
5. What is your morning routine!
Get up at 6am, meditate for 10mins, read for 10-15 minutes and then head out for my morning walk/exercise. Then I start work for the day.
6. Do you have a nickname?
Caz, Cazza and Chich.
7. What is your favourite meal to cook?
Most definitely pasta.
8. What is your most treasured item of clothing?
9. What is the last book that you read?
Atomic Habits – James Clear.
10. If you could only eat three dishes for the rest of your life what would they be?
Pasta, Pizza & Gelato.
11. Can you speak more than one language?
12. Who is the one person that always makes you laugh?
Can I say myself?
13. What is the most played song on your playlist?
Starboy – The Weekend.
14. Where is one place you have always wanted to visit?
15. What plant or flowers do you always have in your home?
Lots and lots of indoor green plants.
16. Your most memorable holiday?
Italy 2018. Spent 3 weeks travelling around the motherland and it was amazing!
17. How do you relax?
Reading, meditating or talking a walk.
18. How many hours a week do you usually work?
19. What are the three beauty items always in your beauty cabinet?
Sun screen, moisturiser and lip balm.
20. Instagram, facebook, pinterest or twitter?
Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and TikTok.
21. What is the one thing we would always find in your fridge?
22. Your favourite board game?
23. City, country, mountains or beach?
24. Who would play you in a movie based on your life?
25. What was your first job?
Kmart customer service.
26. What is your favourite app?
TikTok and Instagram.
27. What is the most important piece of advice you have ever been given?
Do what you’re afraid to do.
28. Rain, snow or sunshine?
29. What is your favourite room in your house?
Most definitely my bedroom… I love my bed!
30. What is your go-to drink of choice?
31. Who has had the biggest impact on your life?
32. In which city do you feel most at home?
Rome. As soon as I landed in this beautiful city, I felt at home.
33. Who is your style icon?
I don’t really have one, but I’m all about being super comfy.
34. If you could only be remembered for one thing what would it be?
35. What is the one thing you want everyone to know about you?
I’m extremely sarcastic.
Want more? Click here for Getting to Know Stuart Toon, Head Chef and Co-owner at Rocker, Bondi.