MasterChef alumni Tessa Boersma is no stranger to the kitchen. From creating delicious dishes on the hit TV cooking show to creating recipes for brands, she is a kitchen wizz. She shares her recipe for mouth-watering Peanut Butter Melting Moments with us.
Peanut Butter Shortbread
225g unsalted butter, softened
2 tbsp Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
Pinch flaked salt
¾ cup (90g) icing sugar
200g plain flour (extra flour for rolling out dough)
Peanut Butter Cream
¾ cup Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
225g unsalted butter
2 cups icing sugar, sifted
3 tbsp pure/thickened cream (or full cream milk)
- Preheat oven to 150C (305F) degrees fan forced.
- For the Peanut Butter Shortbread, beat butter and icing sugar until smooth. Add the Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter and beat until light and creamy.
- Add half the flour and beat until mostly combined. Then beat in the remainder until it is almost combined. Turn off mixer and tip crumble mixture out onto a floured surface. Use your hands to bring it together into a smooth ball of dough – knead lightly if required.
- Roll the dough out with a rolling pin until about 4mm thick. Dust a cookie cutter with flour and cut shapes in the dough. Repeat this step for any leftover dough/scraps until there is none left.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the surface is a very light golden colour. Remove from the oven. Cool slightly then move cookies onto a wire tray to cool completely.
- For the Peanut Butter Cream, beat butter and Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter until smooth. Add the icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Place this mixture into a piping bag and once the cookies have completely cooled, start to pipe the icing on one cookie and sandwich with another. (Dipping the cookie in roasted crushed peanuts or dusting with icing sugar is optional).