These Peanut Butter and Chia Jam Drop Cookies are a perfect, easy recipe to bake on the weekend! The addition of chia seeds, raspberries and wholemeal flour makes these cookies a little healthier than a normal cookie recipe.
Recipe by dietician Susie Burrell, for Mayvers.
½ cup Mayver’s Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter, plus an extra tablespoon to drizzle
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 eggs, whisked
1/4 cup honey
1 ½ cups wholemeal plain flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350F) and line two medium baking trays with baking paper.
2. To prepare the chia jam, place the raspberries and chia seeds in a small saucepan. Cook over a moderate heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
3. Place the peanut butter, extra virgin olive oil, eggs and honey in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the wholemeal flour and baking powder, mix to combine.
4. Roll 14 tablespoons of mixture and place on the prepared trays. Flatten slightly and then use your thumb to make a small indent into each biscuit. Add 1/2 teaspoon of chia jam into each indent.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle extra peanut butter over the biscuits, if desired.