What’s better than a classic ANZAC biscuit? An ANZAC S’more! Sarah Glover author of WILD: Adventure Cookbook and Ambassador for Traeger Grills Australia shares with us her delicious recipe for ANZAC S’mores.
Ingredients (16 Cookies)
Cooking time: 15 min, Prep time: 15-20 mins
1 1⁄4 cups (110g) rolled oats
1 1⁄4 cups (110g) desiccated coconut
1 cup (150g) plain flour
150g unsalted butter
1⁄4 cup (90g) golden syrup
1 cup (220g) raw sugar
1⁄2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup vanilla marshmallows sliced into three round discs
1 block of chocolate broken into
1. Preheat your grill (using cherry wood) to 180°C. Sarah uses the Traeger Grill)
2. Combine the oats, coconut, flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Place the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Bring to a simmer and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until sugar dissolves.
4. Remove from heat, cool slightly, then add the bicarb soda and 1 tbsp water. Stir to combine, then pour over the oat mixture.
5. Using a wooden spoon, combine butter and oat mixture. Using 1 tbsp mixture each, roll into 16 equal-sized balls.
6. Divide between two baking paper-lined baking trays, leaving 3cm between each.
7. Flatten biscuits slightly, then bake for 8 minutes until the top tray is slightly golden, add the discs of marshmallows on top with a few pieces of chocolate.
7. Cook for a further 6-8 minutes until all biscuits are golden. Remove from the grill and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Sarah Glover is an internationally renowned chef and explorer, has travelled the world in search of epic food and wild adventures. As a classically trained chef and pastry chef, Sarah brings skill to wood-fired cooking, scaling windswept cliffs and salty stretches of beach to create simple, uncomplicated and seriously tasty food (always with a grin!). Sarah has forged a career in Bondi Beach, Tasmania and beyond. She is the author of WILD: Adventure Cookbook and owner of the Wild Kitchen, a catering company founded on extraordinary events, cooked up under the stars. Sarah is the ambassador for Traeger Grills Australia.