This Thai Ginger Soup recipe is packed full of delicious plant-based goodness and fresh vegetables that are perfect for a delicious a healthy dinner or lunch idea. The addition of cashew nuts adds a creamy nuttiness to the soup.
Wellness Guru Bettina Campolucci Bordihas made this soup with the Vitamix Ascent that can make both hot soups and cold smoothies, however if you do not have a Vitamix you can make the soup on the stovetop and blend using your blender.
Thai Ginger Soup with Cashews by Bettina Campolucci Bordi
- 480ml water
- 100g carrot
- 100g cabbage
- 1 celery stalk, halved
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 courgette, halved
- 1 green onion
- 1 lime
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 red chilli, optional
- 125g cashews
- 1 Tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. If cooking on the stovetop add all ingredients into a large pot.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. (For the stovetop cook until all vegetables are soft).
- If you are using the Vitamix blend for 5 minutes and 45 seconds or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. On the stovetop add all ingredients into a blender and lend until smooth.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Add 120ml of coconut milk at the end of the blending cycle to give the soup a richer flavour.