One of the most loved recipes here at ele is our Blue Cheese, Walnut and Thyme Puff Pastry Pull Apart Twirl. It gets made over and over again as it is so simple, so delicious and easy for a lunch, dinner, snack or to serve when you are entertaining.
This is a new version that combines cheddar cheese with Kalamata olives and cherry tomatoes and a butter puff pastry to create a twirl that is almost like a pizza!
2 sheets of puff pastry (square shaped sheets, we love the extra buttery puff pastry however the normal works great too)
50g sliced black Kalamata olives
100 grams of grated cheddar cheese
Ten small cherry tomatoes, halved
Sprig of fresh rosemary, leaves removed and finely chopped
1 tablespoon of milk
Sea salt and cracked pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F). Note, we use a gas oven that runs quite hot – you can increase to 200C (390F) in an electric non-fan forced oven.
2. Divide the olives, cheese and tomatoes and scatter evenly over each sheet of puff pastry. Top with fresh chopped rosemary and season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
4. Roll up each sheet of pastry and cut in half lengthways (you may need to tuck the pastry in after cutting it down the middle to keep the filling in).
5. On a sheet of baking paper carefully twist each length of pastry and place in a round coil shape. Brush with milk and bake in oven for about 25-30 mins until pastry is puffed and golden and cooked through.
*Note you can make one large twirl or two smaller ones.
6. Remove from oven, scatter extra rosemary and serve warm. Enjoy!