This slice recipe is almost too good! There is no flour or butter and it is packed full of delicious roasted almonds, cacao and dates so it’s good for you too. There is no cooking required and it is easy to whip up, we recommend making a double batch and enjoying it all week (if it lasts that long!).
There is a little dark chocolate on top of the slice (packed full of antioxidants) so we think it counts towards our good health.
200g roasted almonds
200g pitted dates
3 tbsp cacao powder (cocoa also works)
30g coconut oil
1 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
100g dark chocolate
50g pistachios, chopped
1. Add dates and almonds to a blender or food processor and pulse until the mix resembles a crumb.
*ele Tip – if you are using a blender put the almonds in first to avoid the dates getting stuck around the blades.
2. Transfer almond and date mix to a bowl and add in cacao, coconut oil, cinnamon, honey and almond butter.
3. Mix all ingredients together until a ball forms. We use kitchen gloves for this step as you will need to get your hands dirty to get all of the mixture well combined.
4. Line a slice tray (approx. 9 x 7 inch) with baking paper. Add mix and using either a spoon or your hands flatten the mix out evenly across the base of the tin.
5. In a saucepan of simmering water, add a heat proof bowl and gently melt dark chocolate until fully melted.
6. Pour melted dark chocolate on top of the slice and smooth to edges. Sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts.
5. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until set, cut in to squares and enjoy!