Here at ele we are huge chocolate fans, so creating a recipe that is deliciously chocolate-y and also good for you is a win win. These Chocolate Cinnamon Bliss Balls are packed full of lovely goodness from oats, cacao, dates and walnuts. As with most of our recipes they are fairly easy to make and don’t take a huge amount of time. There is no cooking involved and they are perfect to pack for lunches or for an ‘on-the-go’ snack. We love to make a batch up on a weekend and leave in the fridge to enjoy as a sweet treat during the week.
- Oats and walnuts: You can use other nuts like almonds, pecans, or hazelnuts instead of walnuts. You can also use other grains like quinoa, millet, or amaranth instead of oats.
- Dates: You can use other dried fruits like raisins, figs, or apricots instead of dates. You can also use mashed bananas or apple sauce for a natural sweetener.
- Cacao: Unsweetened cocoa powder or carob powder can be used instead of cacao. You can also use chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate if you prefer a sweeter taste.
- Cinnamon: You can use other spices like nutmeg, ginger, or cardamom instead of cinnamon. You can also omit the spice if you prefer a more neutral taste.
- Honey: Natural sweeteners like maple syrup, agave nectar, or brown rice syrup can be instead of honey. You can also omit the sweetener if you prefer a less sweet taste.
Ingredients (makes 16 balls)
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of walnuts
1 cup of Medjool dates, stones removes and roughly chopped
3 tablespoons of honey
4 tablespoons of cacao
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- In a food processer, pulse the oats and walnuts until a they resemble a powder. Add chopped dates, 3 tablespoons of cacao, cinnamon and honey. Pulse again until the mixture comes together.
- Remove from food processor and roll into balls. Sprinkle balls with remaining cacao and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Love chocolate? Click here for our Healthy Iced Chocolate Cream and Fresh Raspberry Brownies and here for our Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark.
I’m going to have to try this recipe. They sound delicious.
Hope you enjoy them, they are so easy to make and great for a sweet fix!
Going to look for dates today so I can make these!
Enjoy, they are so sweet & delicious!
What a yummy and healthy treat! Thanks for the recipe!
Our pleasure! Thanks for reading and we hope you enjoy it
Pingback: Chocolate, Almond and Pistachio Raw Slice -
Pingback: Homemade Chocolate Almond Spread Recipe -