It’s Easter week and while it might not feel like the usual celebratory time of year we have come to expect, finding little ways to recognise the holiday and celebrate simply with immediate family is a lovely way to mark the occasion.
There really is no better way to celebrate than with a decadent, rich, chocolatey dessert. Better still, one that one has only five ingredients and requires no baking at all, meaning more time to spend with your family or loved ones in your home.
1 1/2 packets of Chocolate Digestive biscuits
125g butter, melted
400g good quality dark chocolate, broken up in to pieces
1 cup (250 ml) thickened cream
1/4 cup butter
1 tbsp cocoa powder (to serve)
1. Lightly grease a round tart tin.
2. In a food processor or blender, blend biscuits until a fine crumb is formed. Add biscuit crumbs to a bowl and thoroughly mix through melted butter.
3. Press the biscuit crumbs in to the tart tin, spread evenly across the base and sides. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to set.
4. Heat cream and butter in a saucepan on medium heat until the mix is just lightly boiling. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a minute or two. In a heat proof bowl pour cream over the chocolate pieces.
5. Stir chocolate and cream mix until it is fully mixed through and a rich, smooth chocolate has formed.
6. Pour chocolate mix in to the tart case and smooth to edges. Place in fridge for 3-4 hours until the tart is fully set.
7. Remove from fridge, sprinkle with sifted cocoa dust and serve with fresh raspberries and sugared blackberries (or any berries you choose) and a dollop of double cream or ice-cream. Enjoy!
ele Tip – this tart is best kept covered in the fridge and will keep for 3-4 days.