Who doesn’t love hot self-saucing chocolate pudding right from the oven with ice cream or cream? This homemade recipe from Janelle Bloom is super easy and beats any store-bought chocolate pudding. The malt powder and chocolate chunks make it a little indulgent.
Ingredients (serves 4)
100g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
50g butter, chopped
½ cup full cream milk
¾ cup self-raising flour, sifted
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tbs malt powder
2 tbs cocoa powder
100g milk chocolate, chopped
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tbs cocoa powder
1 tbs malt powder
1 ½ cups boiling water
- Preheat oven 180°C fan forced. Grease a 1.5L, 5cm deep, 20cm x 26cm (base measurement) Wiltshire enamel dish.
- Combine dark chocolate, butter and milk in a heatproof microwave-safe jug. Microwave uncovered on high for 1- 2 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon until melted and smooth.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, malt powder and cocoa powder in bowl. Stir to combine then stir in chocolate mixture. Spoon into prepared dish. Smooth the surface. Poke in the chocolate pieces.
- For the topping, combine brown sugar, cocoa and malt powder. Sprinkle over the pudding mixture.
- Pour boiling water slowly over the topping. Place dish onto a tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is set.
- Serve within 10 minutes of removing from oven otherwise the pudding starts to absorb sauce (still yummy but not as much sauce to go around). Serve with cream or ice cream.
Tip: You don’t have to add the malt powder if you don’t have any, but it is fabulous edition. You can use any variety chocolate to poke into the pudding or leave this out, it is up to you!
Lobe chocolate and want more? Click here for our Chocolate Cinnamon Bliss Ball Recipe and here for a Classic Choc Chip Cookie Recipe.
Pingback: Double Chocolate Malt Self-Saucing Pudding | Cleveland Foxers