A classic chocolate chip cookie recipe is a must in any home cook’s repertoire. Soft, buttery cookie dough and delicious dark chocolate combine to make a classic that you will keep coming back to time after time.
1 3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
150 g butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Pre heat oven to 180C (350F). Line a biscuit baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
2. Beat butter and sugars together until fully combined, about two minutes.
3. Add vanilla essence and egg to butter mix and combine.
4. Mix in salt and flour and using a wooden spoon mix through thoroughly.
5. Stir through chocolate chips.
6. Take a dessert spoon of cookie dough and roll in to balls. Place on baking tray a few centimetres apart, pressing down slightly. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes until the cookies are ever so slightly browned.
7. Remove from oven, allow to cool on a rack. Serve and enjoy!
Love Cookies? Click here for our Dark Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies and here for our Triple Chocolate Salted Cookies.
Chocolate chip cookies are the best! I need to figure out a way to make them gluten free, and not have them fall apart.
It’s always a challenge with gluten free and getting the texture right! We will test some in the ele kitchen..
Pingback: ANZAC Biscuits -
Pingback: Create With Australia’s Queen of Chocolate, Kirsten Tibballs -
Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe | Cleveland Foxers