This delicious asparagus tart is a simple lunch or dinner option, it tastes great and is quick to prepare. We love the combination of the asparagus and tomato with the creamy feta and flaky, buttery puff pastry.
Asparagus, Tomato and Feta Tart
Ingredients (makes 2 tarts)
1 sheet of puff pastry (halved)
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup of cream
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 bunch of asparagus
2 handfuls of rocket
100g feta cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F). Halve the puff pastry sheet and place each halve on a sheet of baking paper on an oven tray. Gently scour around the edge of each halve with a sharp knife about 1 cm in from the sides.
- In a small bowl mix the cream, egg and Parmesan cheese together. Mix brush mixture over the pastry, leaving the edges clear.
- Halve the asparagus and lay side by side lengthways on the pastry. Top with halved tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese.
- Drizzle more of the egg mix on top of the tarts and place in a pre-heated oven for about 10-15 minutes until the pastry is golden and the asparagus is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, top with fresh rocket, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Enjoy!