This Bacon, Egg and Roasted Tomato Tart is one of our favourite recipes to make, it is fairly quick and easy and is delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can serve it fresh greens or a side salad and make a meal of it, pack it in school and work lunchboxes or keep it in the fridge for an easy snack.
It can be served either hot or cold, and is delicious with a little tomato chutney on the side.
I large sheet of shortcrust pastry (homemade or store-bought)
4 free range eggs
2 rashers of short cut bacon
300ml of pouring cream
1 tablespoon of seeded mustard
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
4-6 cherry tomatoes, on the vine
Basil leaves (to serve)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a tart dish with baking paper. Lay the shortcrust pastry in to the tart dish and press to the edges, trim any excess pastry off.
- Use a fork and prick the base of the pastry case. Lay another sheet of baking paper on top, fill with pastry weights (dried rice or beans also work fine) and blind bake the pastry case for approximately 20 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove tart case from oven and allow to cool.
- While the tart base is blind baking, add cream, 1 egg, mustard and Parmesan cheese a bowl and combine well, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Fill the tart base with the cream mix and lay the bacon rashers and tomatoes on top.
- Crack in three whole eggs and bake in oven for approximately 20-25 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and serve. Enjoy!
Want more? Click here for our Blue Cheese and Broccolini Tart Recipe and here for a Pumpkin, Prosciutto and Thyme Recipe.
Love this ! 🙂
Beautiful! We make a similar tomato pie here
Thank you for liking my Spirit Animal post. But the way, this looks delicious
Reblogged this on Carlotta Fashion e-press and commented:
Bacon, Egg and Roasted Tomato Tart Inspiration by CARLO FASHION eSeries Follower [eat.live.escape] GET MORE
Pingback: Eat: Roast Pumpkin, Feta Cheese, Bacon and Spinach Tart
Pingback: Eat: Tomato and Caper Salad with White Balsamic Vinegar -
Pingback: Bacon, Egg and Roasted Tomato Tart Recipe – Urban Fishing Pole Lifestyle