Homemade Lemon Icy Poles (or ice pops, popsicles or ice lollies depending on where you are in the world!) are the stuff of childhood dreams, nothing beats their cool, icy refreshment on a hot summer’s day.
These versions are homemade and even better than the store-bought ones from your memories – sweet, tangy and super lemony, we dare you to save any of these for the kids.
Homemade Lemon Icy Poles
Ingredients (makes 4 icy poles)*
Juice of 4 large lemons
4 thin lemon slices
1/2 cup of near boiling water
1 tablespoon of sugar
*Note that we used 4 standard sized icy pole moulds and 4 large, juicy lemons. You may need to adjust recipe and add a little more of each of the ingredients depending on your mould sizes and lemons.
1. Dissolve sugar in near boiling water.
2. Once cooled, mix sugar water with fresh lemon juice.
3. Add a thin slice of lemon in to each icy pole mould.
4. Pour lemon juice mix evenly in to each mould and insert icy pole sticks.
5. Place in freezer for 5 to 6 hours until the icy poles are fully set.
6. Use a little warm water on outside of moulds to loosen the icy poles from their moulds. Serve and enjoy!