This simple Festive Sugar Cookie Recipe really is so easy to make and is the perfect base recipe for all of your holiday cookies that you can ice, decorate and create in all kinds of festive shapes.
This recipe is made in a blender (yes a blender!), meaning that you will use less dishes and the clean up is a breeze (win win in our book!). The Vitamix blender is perfect for creating these cookies.
- 225 g butter
- 220 g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 280 g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F). Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place butter, sugar, almond extract, and egg into your Vitamix container (or another blender you have at home) in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting. Start the machine, slowly increase speed and blend for 20 seconds.
- Remove the lid plug and begin Pulsing as you add in half of the flour and baking soda.
- Stop the machine and scrape the container. Add the remaining flour and baking soda. Pulse 15 to 18 times on Variable 5, or until combined. If the dough becomes too thick, scrape sides again.
- Remove dough and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Roll out dough, cut into desired shapes, and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
Want more? See more delicious holiday inspired recipes here.