This Homemade Chocolate and Almond Spread recipe is so good. It will replace your store-bought chocolate spread and it is better for you (a little dark chocolate never hurt anyone!).
This chocolate spread is so delicious on toasted sourdough bread, as a topping for pancakes, in a chocolate banana smoothie (you can use it to replace cacao) or eaten directly out of the jar (this is our guilty sweet treat!).
Prefer to watch us make this? Click here to watch on YouTube.
Homemade Chocolate Almond Spread
120g salted, roasted almonds
90g dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp honey
- Blend almonds in a powerful blender or food processor until the almonds resemble a very fine crumb.
- Over a double burner gently melt the dark chocolate until it is fully melted and smooth.
- Allow chocolate to cool slightly and add to the blender. Add coconut oil and honey.
- Blend for about 1 minute until the mix is fully combined.
- Spread over toasted sourdough bread and enjoy!
ele Tip – this spread will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week. You can also refrigerate this spread but note the spread will harden in the fridge.