This delicious White Chocolate Cheesecake with fresh berries is rich and decadent and perfect for a family or friends get-together. The three layers are a real showstopper and makes a beautiful statement dessert!
We first featured this recipe in Issue 2 of ele Magazine.
RECIPE & IMAGES: Jo O’Keefe
Ingredients (serves 20)
250g Marie biscuits (or similar)
100g butter melted
8 gelatine leaves
600ml thickened cream
1 kg cream cheese (at room temperature)
2 cans condensed milk
400g white cooking chocolate, melted
125g raspberries, 1 tbsp icing sugar, 2 tbsp water
2 mixed punnets of fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
- Grease and line the base of 23cm, 18cm and 10cm springform pans.
- Blitz Marie biscuits in a food processor until a fine crumb forms.
- Melt butter and mix with biscuit crumbs. Press firmly in to the bottom layer of the 23cm and chill in the fridge.
- Soak 4 sheets of gelatine in cold water in a bowl for 5 minutes.
- Heat 100ml of cream in saucepan until it almost boils, squeeze water from the gelatine sheets and mix into the cream, stirring until fully dissolved.
- Gently melt white chocolate in heatproof bowl over a simmering saucepan of water.
- Whiz the cream cheese with condensed milk in a food processor or with a stick blender. Add in gelatine mix and the melted white chocolate and blend until smooth.
- Whisk cream until it forms soft peaks and fold through the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into the 23cm tin with biscuit crust and smooth the top flat. Fill the other two tins with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Cover all tins with cling wrap and refrigerate, preferably overnight.
- Remove cakes from pans and stack on top of each other from largest to smallest on a serving plate. They should be quite firm and easy to handle.
- To make the sauce blend berries, icing sugar and water.
- When you are ready to serve, top with berries and drizzle with raspberry sauce and dust with icing sugar. Get ready for the gasps from your friends and family!