Peanut butter is one of life’s little pleasures and this delicious slice created by Sam Wood, 28 founder and Mayver’s ambassador, is perfect for school and work boxes or for any time of the day that you need a protein boost.
Sam is a big fan of ensuring protein in diets, he explains:
“Not only is protein important for growth, but it also builds, maintains and repairs body tissue, and is an incredible source of fuel. Children who don’t have enough protein in their diet may experience health issues such as fatigue, poor concentration and slowed growth”.
“Good sources of protein include meat, fish, poultry, nuts and dairy. My girls can’t get enough of protein rich snacks and their favourites include banana peanut butter smoothies, hard boiled eggs with soldiers, and strawberry-flavoured yoghurt.”
Sam Wood’s Peanut Butter Slice
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Serves 8
1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
½ cup Mayver’s smooth peanut butter
1 cup shredded coconut
½ cup peanuts
¼ cup coconut oil
50g dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Add all of the slice ingredients into a food processor and blitz to combine. The mixture should be sticky and still slightly chunky.
- Transfer the slice into a square baking dish lined with baking paper and flatten the mix with your hands.
- Place the baking dish into the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the chocolate drizzle by melting the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- While the chocolate is melting, remove the slice from the tray and cut it into 8 pieces.
- Drizzle some chocolate over each slice and place back into the fridge for 15 minutes, until the chocolate is solid.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.