Recipe by Kirsty Marwood, Photography Joanne O’Keefe for ele Magazine
A deliciously decadent dessert, full of sweet blueberries, cream and lemon curd. This dish is perfect to impress family or friends for an event or dinner but is also so simple to make you can whip it up in no time.
You can make your own lemon curd, however a good quality store brought one will work just as well.
Ingredients (Serves 8-10)
1 packet sponge finger biscuits
2 cups lemon curd
500ml lightly whipped cream (very soft peaks)
2 punnets, fresh blueberries
¾ cup of gin
1. Gently mix lemon curd and cream together (to make it richer, add 200g of mascarpone cheese).
2. Using a large glass bowl begin to assemble tiramisu, starting with sponge fingers.
3. Dip sponge fingers into gin (very quickly, you don’t want them to soak, just be covered) put a layer of sponge fingers on the bottom of the bowl.
4. Cover with lemon curd and cream mixture, sprinkle with a few blueberries and repeat until your top layer is blueberries.
5. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
6. Serve with sprigs of fresh mint and fresh blueberries.
Serving Suggestion – This dessert looks beautiful served in individual glasses or a big showstopper trifle bowl. Enjoy!