Recipe and Images by Jo O’Keefe for ele Magazine.
These tacos combine crunchy pan-fried chicken pieces with creamy avocado, fresh pineapple, a hint of chilli and the tang of lime to send your tastebuds in to their own little Mexican mouth fiesta!
Ingredients (serves 2)
4 soft tortillas
4 chicken thigh fillets, chopped into cubes
2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Pineapple Salsa & Lime Salsa
2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped in to cubes
1 fresh lime
1/4 cup coriander leaves
1 avocado, halved and sliced
1 fresh sliced chilli (if you like some heat)
1/2 cup sour cream (or yoghurt)
1 tsp chipotle sauce
Handful of rocket or iceberg lettuce leaves
1. Mix the paprika, onion and garlic powders in to the cornflour and roll the chicken pieces in the mix.
5. Panfry chicken pieces in oil until golden, crispy & cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Mix the sour cream and chipotle together.
4. Mix the fresh pineapple with some fresh chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime juice. (Fresh mint is also a delicious optional extra).
6. Heat tortillas one side only in a dry frypan until slightly golden. Repeat for all four tortillas.
7. Open out the tortillas browned side down and place rocket or lettuce and chicken pieces on evenly. Top with sliced avocado and a spoon full of pineapple salsa. Drizzle with the chipotle sour cream.
8. Squeeze with extra lime and top with fresh chilli slices. Serve & enjoy!