This deliciously creamy avocado fettuccine is packed full of goodness, looks beautifully fresh and healthy and tastes delicious. It is a real crowd pleaser and fairly simple to cook – making it ideal for a weekend lunch with family and friends or for a quick weeknight dinner.
The mushrooms and tomatoes add an additional health boost, however if you prefer you can also serve this pasta on its own or with fresh green peas or broccoli. For a more decadent pasta, layers of crispy fried pancetta on top will also taste delicious.
1 whole avocado
1 heaped tablespoon of pine nuts
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 of a cup of fresh basil leaves
50 grams of parmesan cheese
1/4 of a cup of olive oil
1 clove of fresh garlic
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
375 grams of fettuccine
10 small button mushrooms, halved
1/2 a punnet of red cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon of pine nuts
Extra grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves
1. To make Avocado Sauce, add all ingredients to a food processor, season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large pot of salted water, cook fettuccine to packet instructions.
3. In the meantime in a frypan on medium heat add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mushroom. Fry mushrooms until they are golden brown (about 5-8 minutes), turning regularly.
4. Once pasta is cooked, remove from heat and drain. Toss through Avocado Sauce until all of the fettuccine strands are coated.
5. Serve pasta on a large plate and top with fried mushrooms, halved cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. Sprinkle on extra pine nuts, season with salt and cracked pepper and finish with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!here for our 15-Minute Pantry Pasta and here for our Spaghetti with Seared Asparagus, Buffalo Mozzarella and Chilli.
Yum can’t wait to try it
I hope you enjoy it, it is so easy to make!
Adding to my “must try” list 🙂
Hope you love it!
Simple, yet delightful. Thanks for the recipe.
Pleasure! Hope you enjoy it
Look forward to cooking this tomorrow night. Looks delicious. 😍😍
Enjoy, it’s delicious! You can use any pasta shape too
That sounds delicious.
Thank you! It tastes great
This looks fantastic!!! I may have a new favorite meal! Thank you.
Hope you enjoy it!
That looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing! <3
Thank you so much!
Lookin’ good! Will have to give this a whirl!
I hope you like it!
This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.
Pingback: Zucchini, Pistachio & Basil Spaghetti -
Pingback: How I Reduced My Cholesterol Naturally -
Pingback: Creamy Avocado And Lime Dip -